Wednesday 24 February 2016

This is not monkey business

I came out to hang the mop I was using to mop the house. I looked up at the fence where I usually hang it and our eyes met. The brown small eyes stared at me as if asking a question. I was confused initially but I stood there deciding not to be intimidated by his looks. Then he started going back and stopped to look back at me. The fence has some sharp ends to it, so he could not climb them. I now understood why he was staring at me, He wants my permission, so I bent down pretending to wring the mop, and with the corner of my eyes, I saw him walk past me.
That was a monkey I have started sharing my fence with, since this year he passes through my fence as if that is his route to a place. I have asked questions on where the monkey comes from, some say the bushy area behind my estate is their habitat, if that is so, please the government should not allow them to sell more lands to people in that area, so that we don't chase them away from their home.
On a normal day, when I see a monkey on my fence, I would shout blood of Jesus; But I didn't. In my mind, I ask myself what if am the alien here, maybe I am the one in their community not the other way round.
Well I will continue to look out for my monkey friend to know if it is the same monkey or different ones, from there I will make my inquiry to find out if we are disturbing their community.
Since I have been looking for a way to help endangered animals(How are they endangered you may ask, with the recent display of bush meat on my way to the market, I am skeptical.  Well if I cannot protect them I can write about them until someone comes to their help.
Today I am into monkey, Tomorrow I might look into fish, it is high time someone start talking about the  unrepentant way we destroy our ecosystem here in Nigeria.
This not a monkey business!
Adanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just 3 ingredients to give you that youthful skin#diy #skincare #howto

This DIY has three ingredients from your kitchen, cinnamon,  aloevera and honey. Cinnamon has anti fungal. antioxidant and antibacterial pro...