Tuesday 1 March 2016

You could be a ghost worker

Some years back, I heard the local government where I lived, was recruiting and I went to submit my CV and see if I could be employed. Well after the usual writing test, we were told to fill a form to my surprise, this included a bank form and pension form. I was worried because they seem to be employing everyone, and they want to employ us as Secondary school graduates, on a second thought I felt, this means I have gotten an employment. In fact the amazing one is, we were told to snap pictures with the then Local Government Chairman.  I went home rejoicing that I had gotten a job. But the next day, a woman called me to ask how I got to know about the recruitment. I told her I heard it from my friend and she said, that they have more than the number that was needed. I was so shocked, do you mean after the wonderful photo we took with the Chairman, I will not get the job? I went home asking myself questions
  • Will they call back the journalists and tell them that one person in the picture will not be employed
  • So I must have a God father/ be recommended by someone before I get a job?
  • So after studying in the university, I will be employed and paid as a Secondary School Certificate holder for a period of time.
  • What happens to the account I opened with the bank, I hope they will let the bank know that I was not employed.
So today, I sat down to think about it. Could it be that I became a ghost worker? That someone is somewhere swallowing whatever little salary, that they were paying me?

Just pondering
Adanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just 3 ingredients to give you that youthful skin#diy #skincare #howto

This DIY has three ingredients from your kitchen, cinnamon,  aloevera and honey. Cinnamon has anti fungal. antioxidant and antibacterial pro...