Saturday 14 October 2017

Be Thankful

I always have problem with seeing well dressed men and women stopping me on the road to ask for money and they have the same reason for begging as the other day. I am not against giving but I can not understand how you would ask for the same thing every time we meet (money for food, money for medication, money for transport). It is hard to know those who genuinely need help and those who are tired of striving like most people to make ends meet. One particular man caught my attention, because he could be regarded as able bodied physically. So because of people like him, I try as much I can to put some money in "St Vincent de Paul" boxes ( you will see these boxes in most catholic churches, to help the poor and needy). I do not want to bother myself with who is genuine anymore but want to help the needy when I have and also be thankful to God that I have what I need and also to give.

On my way to school one morning, I noticed a man searching through a rubbish heap by the side of the road. he stopped at a particular spot bringing out some chicken parts and putting them in a black plastic bag. I thought about it all day, what does this man need this chicken for and I imagined him cooking them to eat. Maybe he needed food for his children that morning ;A lot of  thoughts went through my mind,especially I remembered this song "they" taught us in Sunday school;
Some have food ,they cannot eat
Some can eat but have no food
We have food and we can eat
Glory be to thee oh Lord! Amen
 I pray that God will give me the grace to be thankful at all times and give to people when I have.I wanted to post this picture on Facebook but I felt it should also remind us to be thankful for what we have and who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just 3 ingredients to give you that youthful skin#diy #skincare #howto

This DIY has three ingredients from your kitchen, cinnamon,  aloevera and honey. Cinnamon has anti fungal. antioxidant and antibacterial pro...