Tuesday 16 February 2016

Water only washing and Onion hair treatment


A lot has been going on at the natural hair community. Water only washing of hair is now been talked about.
Since I started my natural hair journey, I usually treat my hair every two weeks with onion juice and honey before shampooing and conditioning; But in November 2015 I decided to try water only washing but I did not want to leave my onion juice and honey treatment.
I started using onion juice because I wanted to combat dandruff. And I can say that, now I do not experience dandruff anymore.
I wash my hair every week sometimes two times a week depending on my schedule and hair style.
Since I started washing with only water, I find detangling my hair easier to do. I noticed that when I use only raw Shea butter as hair product, I can get a defined twist out. I clarify my hair with baking soda and use apple cider vinegar as a conditioner.
This is about three months into this water only washing regimen, so I do not have adequate information on sebum coverage considering the fact that I have very dry hair; Also the weather condition in Nigeria is very harsh on the hair. I will keep you updated on my experiences as the months roll by.
This is how I stretch my hair after every wash
My stretched hair, (I used Shea butter and a little coconut oil)


3 comments:

  1. For the onion can I use any type of onion? What about the oily hair when you are doing water only washing?

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the red onions and Before I start the WOW, I first claify my hair with a clarifying Shampoo, and I started washing everyday to every two days now to twice in a week. Well try to distribute the oil to the length of your hair But when you have build up where your hair feel greasy and itchy, wash with baking soda and use Apple Cider vinegar as conditioner.or you could use Bentonite clay. please listen to your hair, to know what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. wholesale hair vendors

    ReplyDelete

Just 3 ingredients to give you that youthful skin#diy #skincare #howto

This DIY has three ingredients from your kitchen, cinnamon,  aloevera and honey. Cinnamon has anti fungal. antioxidant and antibacterial pro...